06 November 2009

Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: Islam must separate religion from power

.... "I think some of the Muslim thinkers today are some of the most courageous thinkers I have come across and it is very striking how many of them are women. It is very interesting. So Islam will get there. But I would hope that one of the ways they would get there is just coming to understand how things work in Britain.” [Times Online] Read more

Is the Chief Rabbi worried about Muslim immigrants? .... I was unable to make the speech given by Lord Sacks, the Chief Rabbi, at Theos, the religion think tank, on Wednesday evening. But I hope he wasn’t making a thinly-veiled attack on European Muslim immigrants, when he said that Europeans are more interested in material things than having children. [telegraph.co.uk] Read more