29 October 2017

Beaten up for poppies on his car

A Christian of Pakistani origin who was beaten and left unconscious in a car park says he was attacked by Muslims who objected to him displaying two large red poppies on the front of his car.

Tajamal Amar, 46, a food delivery driver in Derby, said he believed the men attacked him because they regarded him as a kaffir (infidel) and he displayed his support for British armed forces. He said the men he suspects of the unprovoked assault were Pakistani Muslims who had been staring at him earlier that evening.

“If I am not a brother, I am a kaffir. They left me for dead. They hit me as if they were playing on a football pitch,” he said.

“I am a Christian. Because of the poppies on my car, because of the cross in my car, I have been hit. I put poppies on my vehicle because I support British forces for their good work around the world and I really salute them, British forces.” [The Times (£)] Read more