16 December 2018

'A death Fatwa was issued against me': Australian ‘imam of peace’ goes into hiding after Islamic preacher from Pakistan calls for him to be killed

A 'fake' Australian imam has claimed an Islamic preacher from Pakistan called for him to be killed.

Mohammad Tawhidi tweeted the death fatwa that was issued against him by Mufti Ahmad Raza Sialvi, with photos of the call to kill on Sunday morning.

'Yesterday, a death Fatwa was issued against me by Mufti Sialvi of Pakistan,' his tweet read.

'First, I thank the officials who contacted me expressing their concerns and support.

'I’ve put all future meetings and events on hold until further notice. I’ll come out of this much stronger.'

Also known as an 'imam of peace' Tawhidi shared the translation of the death fatwa, which is a ruling on a point of Islamic law given by a recognized authority.

'Sharia Law Fatwa,' the translation began, 'In the Name of Allah.

'It has been reported from Imam Malik that whoever insults the companions of Prophet Mohammad: Abu Bakr, Omar, Othman, Muawiya and considers them deviant has become a Kafir (disbeliever) and must be killed. [Daily Mail Australia] Read more