22 February 2019

Student kicked out of university after saying halal meat is ‘inhumane’ and ‘barbaric’

A student who doesn’t like halal meat, thinks immigrants should not get free NHS care and is worried about the ‘islamisation’ of the UK has apparently been thrown out a university for his views. Sebastian Walsh, 19, claims The University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN) suspended him after it received several complaints from other students. The first year student had told friends he would never eat at Subway or KFC because they sold halal meat that had been slaughtered without stunning.

Ukip member Mr Walsh said: ‘All I did was voice my opinions during debates about immigration.

‘I am totally against halal meat because I think it’s cruel – it’s an inhumane and barbaric way of slaughtering animals. ‘In another seminar class, we had a discussion about the privatisation of the NHS and I simply said I don’t think free healthcare should be available to immigrants. ‘These are views held by many people in the public and I believe I should be able to express them freely. [Metro.co.uk] Read more