11 December 2013

The segregation of women and the appeasement of bigotry at Britain’s universities (part two)

.... They insist that the wishes of the misogynist cleric must be paramount. If he wants sexual segregation, he must have it, regardless of the views of the audience. It would be an attack on his human rights to refuse him.

As I said in my original piece for the Spectator, Universities UK is giving religious fanatics a power over the audience at a public event no other speaker enjoys.

It is as if Justin Webb were to invite me on to the Today programme, and I were to say, ‘Before I appear, you must guarantee that you and the Radio 4 listeners will behave as if you agreed with my prejudices.

Think carefully before you refuse. If you do, my advisers say that I can sue the BBC for attacking my human rights.’ [The Spectator] Read more