21 November 2014

The Ofsted report about my former school is way off the mark

I left the Jamiatul Ummah school in 2011. When I saw the headlines saying that my former school and other independent Muslim faith schools in Tower Hamlets were vulnerable to “extremist influences and radicalisation”, my first thought was that Ofsted couldn’t be more off the mark .

[TOP RATED COMMENT 230 votes] 5 buggers heading off to fight for ISIS a week, mainly young men recently out of education. Something needs to be done and looking at extremism in schools is a start.

[SECOND 207v] I make no apologies for being one of the many people who say this again and again but faith schools (of any description) should not exist.

[THIRD 200v] Harun is telling us how great his school was and that he learned a lot, but from his story I see that he was taught only Islamic theology apart from the required curriculum. I think his story proves the point of Ofsted. [Guardian Cif] Read more